The SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones deliver superior acoustic performance, comfort, and durability to professional engineers, musicians, and audiophiles alike. The SRH1540 utilizes 40 mm neodymium drivers for an expansive soundstage with clear, extended highs and warm bass. Developed with aluminum alloy and carbon fiber construction, the lightweight and durable design also features Alcantara ear pads for maximum sound isolation and comfort.
The included storage case, replacement set of Alcantara ear pads, replacement cable, and threaded adapter ensure years of uninterrupted listening enjoyment.
- 40 mm neodymium drivers deliver superior acoustic performance for an expansive soundstage with clear, extended highs and warm bass
- Diaphragm developed with APTIV™ Film for improved linearity and lower THD (total harmonic distortion)
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Lightweight construction features aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and carbon fiber cap for enhanced durability
- Steel driver frame with vented center pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels
- Ergonomic dual-frame, padded headband is lightweight and fully adjustable for hours of listening comfort
- Oxygen-free copper cable (OFC) with Kevlar™ reinforced jacket offers superior performance and durability
- Dual-exit cables with gold-plated MMCX connectors provide secure connection and detachability for easy storage or replacement
- Replaceable ear pads feature Alcantara and low-density, slow-recovery foam for exceptional comfort
- Legendary Shure durability allows the SRH1540 to withstand the rigors of everyday use
|Frequency Range||5 Hz – 25 kHz|
|Weight||10.1 oz (286 g)|
|Cable Length||6 ft (1.8 m)|
|Cable Style||Dual-exit, detachable oxygen-free copper|
|Plug||Gold-plated 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
HPACC3Zippered, hard storage case for SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones.
HPAEC1540 Replacement Ear CushionsAlcantara™ ear pads for SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones.
HPAQA1 Threaded 1/4" AdapterThreaded 1/4" gold-plated adapter for SRH240A, SRH240, SRH440, SRH550DJ, SRH750DJ, SRH840, SRH940, SRH1440, SRH1540, and SRH1840 Professional Headphones.
HPASCA3Dual-exit, detachable cable for SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones.
from $34.99Product Reviews
Announced this fall at the AES convention in New York, the Shure SRH1540 [...] headphones offer superior listening and monitoring for the professional engineer, musician, or music fan... Read full text in American Songwriter
If it were not for my mix playing out of these new Shure SRH1540 headphones, I wouldn’t even know they were on my head. The very comfortable SRH1540s are... Read full text of Barry Rudolph's review on Music Connection
If you’ve seen our score, then you already know that the SRH1540 can perform. In fact, they are the first headphone we’ve ever rated a perfect 10... Read full text on Digital Trends
This new headphone offers a nice, open, detailed top end and a bit of mid-bass boost for those who like a slightly fatter tone... Read full text on the Everything Audio Network blog
File Language Type File Size Broadcast & Media Production Brochure English 4.77 mb Earphone and Headphone Brochure English 2.91 mb
File Language Type File Size SRH1540 Specification Sheet English 404 kb
File Language Type File Size SRH1540 User Guide
Understanding Earphone / Headphone Specifications
Understanding Earphone/Headphone Specifications Though one of the most common items in the...
How to keep headphone earpads from smelling foul
1) Before the headphones are stored/put away, wipe off the earpads with a clean towel or a pap...
Shure headphone/earphone MMCX connectors
While both SRH series headphones (1440, 1840) and SE earphones do use a MMCX connector, we do ...
Thumping noise when walking and using the E3c earphones
Is there any way to avoid this annoying sound effect? * Sorry, there is not. You are hearing...
SRH840 headphones are too tight on my head
From the headphone product line manager: Place the headphones on a box, helmet, or someth...
Creaking sound from SRH headphone plastic part
Spray Silicone Lubricant is recommended. Spray a small amount into a container and create a &q...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.