The Shure BETA®98AMP is a precision-engineered miniature cardioid condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. Features an integrated XLR preamplifier with a flexible gooseneck and the A75M Universal Microphone Mount for accurate placement in any configuration of toms, snares, or percussion. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback, off-axis rejection of unwanted noise, and high maximum sound pressure level (SPL).
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Precision-engineered design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Flexible gooseneck for precise placement and easy adjustment
- Ships with A75M Universal Microphone mount with quick release, for versatile and secure instrument and/or stand mounting
- Furnished with snap-fit windscreen and zipper pouch
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Phantom power required?||11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938), 5.5 mA|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A75M Universal Microphone MountUniversal Microphone Mount. Quick-release microphone mounting accessory for versatile and secure placement and removal. Included with BETA 98AMP.
RPM110 Supercardioid Cartridge for Beta 91 and Beta 98Replacement cartridge for Beta 91 and Beta 98 Microphone Models. Supercardioid, Condenser.
BETA 98AMP Reviews
Read what people think about the Beta 98AMP.
“This mic has an extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern, which provides excellent off-axis rejection of unwanted noise.”
–Butch Jones, Modern Drummer
Does the Beta 98D/S eliminate cymbal bleed?
The Beta 98D/S will reduce the amount of cymbal bleed due to the supercardioid pattern. T...
Mic Level and Line Level -- What do they mean?
Some mixers have switches on the rear panel for setting each input jack or output jack for mic...
Difference between a dynamic and condenser microphone
Dynamic and condenser describe the operating principal used in a microphone. Operating pr...
1/4" TRS Stereo vs. 1/4" TRS Balanced
1.If you have a stereo TRS 1/4" cable.. is that the same as the balanced TRS 1/4" ca...
Transformers - When to use and how does it work?
Audio Transformers Audio transformers can: 1) Step up (increase) or step down (decrease) a...
How do I wire an XLR to 1/4" adapter cable?
There are many different configurations that can be made between an XLR to 1/4" adapter. ...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.