The KSM141 is a dual-pattern end-addressed condenser microphone with a rotating collar, allowing easy switching between a consistent cardioid or true omnidirectional polar pattern for smooth and extremely focused sound reproduction.
Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM141 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording musical instruments.
- A mechanical polar pattern switch for highly consistent cardioid and true omnidirectional polar patterns. Provides flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter to reduce background noise and counteract proximity effect
- Extended frequency response
- Low self-noise
- Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
- Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- High output level
- No crossover distortion
- Uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Some typical applications for the KSM141 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM141 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement strongly affect the sound obtained from miking a source. You may need to experiment with microphone placement and room treatments to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
|Type||Permanently Biased Condenser|
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Phantom power required?||48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC26815/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A100WS Foam WindscreenFoam Windscreen for KSM141 and KSM137 Microphones.
A27M Stereo Microphone AdapterStereo microphone adapter designed to hold two microphones in selectable positions for stereo broadcasting, recording or sound reinforcement.
A53M Shock Mount Microphone ClipIsolation mount and swivel adapter securely attaches Shure models SM63, SM81, VP64A, KSM137, and KSM141 to standard microphone stands.
A57F Microphone ClipWorks with Beta 181, KSM137, KSM141, SM63, SM63L, SM63LB, SM81, VP64A, VP64AL, MX412, MX418, MX412S, MX418S, MX412SE, and the MX418SE microphones and standard microphone stands.
PS-6 Popper Stopper WindscreenAttenuates unwanted breath noise and plosives and can be clamped onto most stands.
Live performance mic for acoustic guitar
We suggest you consider these models: Premimum: KSM141 Best: SM81 Better: SM94 Good...
Mid-Side (M-S) Miking Configuration with KSM Microphones
We recommend: 1) Use a Shure KSM137 or KSM141 (set to Cardioid) as the Mid microphone. ...
Recording a British Brass Band
There is no simple answer as miking techniques for recording are more art than science, plus t...
Mics for recording classical guitar and voice
I recommend the KSM141 or KSM137.
Live Stereo Recording of opera singers
1) For mic placement, read the booklets at: Educational Articles - Online Booklets and Bulleti...
Larger Windscreen for KSM141 and KSM137
Yes, the A81WS windscreen.
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.