Model WL93 Microphones are economical omnidirectional, subminiature, lavalier, condenser microphones designed for general speech applications where a visually unobtrusive microphone is desirable.
All WL93 models are supplied with a mounting block with attached tie bar, a sew-on mounting bracket, and an acoustic windscreen to minimize wind noise in outdoor applications.
All WL93 models include a cable terminated with a 4-pin mini connector which connects directly to a Shure wireless body-pack transmitter.
- Subminiature lavalier design; ideal size for theater, television, broadcasting, video, film, and sound reinforcement
- Small, inconspicuous mounting hardware
- Full, clear sound comparable to larger microphones
- Smooth extended frequency response with presence rise specially tailored for chest-worn microphone operation
- Controlled low-frequency rolloff reduces low-frequency clothing and room noise
- Low distortion, wide dynamic range
- Uniform omnidirectional polar pattern
- Preamplifier assembly (SM93) can be pocketed, strapped to the body, or clipped to belt or waistband
- Wide-range phantom powering (SM93) accepts all commonly used voltages
|Type||Condenser (electret bias)|
|Frequency Response||50 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Omnidirectional, uniform with frequency|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage: -38 dBV/Pa* (13 mV) *1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
RK304T Tan Foam Windscreens & Tie ClipsTan Foam Windscreens & Tie Clips for the Shure SM93 and WL93 microphones (contains two of each).
RK307DB Dual Microphone Tie ClipsDual Microphone Tie Clip for the SM93 and WL93 microphones (contains two).
RK354SB Microphone Tie ClipMicrophone Tie Clip for Shure WL93 and SM93 microphones. Available in black.
RK355WS Microphone WindscreensReduces unwanted breath and wind noise and for use with the Shure SM93 and WL93 lavalier microphones (contains 4). Available in black.
Wireless mic for a violin
Put the mic on the violinist, not the violin. Experiment with positioning. Try the WL93 m...
Theater Audio - WL93 Positioning
How do I correctly use lavalier microphones in theater applications? The WL93 is omnidire...
Theater Audio - WL93 or other miniature lapel mic as a headworn microphone
1) Obtain a package of pipe cleaners from a craft/hobby store. Pipe cleaners are flexible wire...
Alternate Mounting Clips for the WL93 and SM93
The mounting clips available for the WL50, WL51, MC50, and MC51 will work with the WL93 and SM...
Theater Audio - Custom Headworn Mic
Professional theaters use millinery wire. This is bendable wire used to make hats....
Theater Audio - Sewn-in holder for WL93
We suggest that the loop portion of Velcro be sewn in the clothing. The hook portion is mated ...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.